Monday, April 4, 2011

Mecklienberg County Deeds

performing "Mad About The Boy." Worth seeing.


stoy E sure Yul Brynner is one of the players with more power to fascinate the entire history of cinema.

their mere presence in a plane of a film, whether talking (with your personal voice), walking, smoking or just looking, did you thought was a huge star in the sky CINE.

Despite the tough guy characters he played, Enough eye contact and see their ways to realize it was a intelligent and sensitive man. I liked that. He was charismatic.





has not been an Egyptian, not a Ramses, more impressive than him in film.








not a King of Siam. And he did not need to play a king to walk in a way that neither gets own royalty. Neither one knowing how to be like yours.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera ...







Shall we dance? Chan! chan! chan!

We thank the costume designer, Irene Sharaff his shaved head look. It was she who suggested to The King and I .

Irene Sharaff

Copied from Wikipedia:

born Yuli Borisovich Bryner in 1920 in Vladivostok, Russia.

was educated in Paris at the exclusive Lycée Moncelle, then apprenticed as an actor at the Théâtre des Mathurins, under the supervision of Jean Cocteau .



began his career in show business in Roma circles of Paris in a circus as an acrobat in the city until age 17 had a bad fall which caused a permanent injury back. It was then that he began to work in a nightclub with a gypsy band playing guitar and singing. Was photographed naked as a model by George Platt Lynes .



In 1941 he traveled to America with a theater company. Your first step to fame with his theatrical presentation of The King and I ("The King and I"), which represented 4,626 times during his career. This work won an Oscar for the best performance, after he was brought to the big screen, co-starring Deborah Kerr in 1956. Then come

Solomon and the Queen of Sheba , Anastasia , Ten Commandments, The Magnificent Seven ...

The Brothers Karamazov

Buccaneers

Anastasia

The Magnificent Seven

Kings of the Sun

fotórafo was an excellent addition. Years ago I saw an exhibition of his work in Madrid.

The King and I. Self-portrait. 1956

Charlton Heston on the set of The Ten Commandments. 1956

Dalí painting to Amanda Lear. Spain 1971

Ingrid Bergman on the set of Goodbye Again
(Do not Say Goodbye) 1961

Yul Brynner died in 1985, victim of lung cancer. It was a heavy smoker who never managed to quit smoking.


The following video is part of the movie The Magic Christian (In Spain, "If you want to be a millionaire do not waste your time working.") Yul Brynner it was a cool cameo. This is your scene. Obviously it's a playback. I do not know who actually sings. I read somewhere that it is Peter Sellers, who stars in the film. I do not believe it (I have to consult in the credits of the DVD I have not yet received.)

is worth seeing.

Please put on hold before the music player in the sidebar.


I warned!
I guess I
John Wayne or Frank Sinatra
doing this.

I can not help put this another video, one of the most haunting moments, not only of his career, also of the history of cinema.

"Shall We Dance" , with the exquisite Deborah Kerr in The King and I . I bristled the hair every time I see him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment