Thursday, September 13, 2007

Inurl:chennai View/view.shtml

Delmira Agustini-rupture-

Breaking

upon a strong chain as a destination, as a life
Sacra, sensitive soul;
cut it with a lily and go my way
With the great coldness of Death ... Curiosity
calmly
my spirit looks to lake
Interior, and the glass of the sleeping waters,
reflects a god or a monster masquerading as a Sphinx
dark suspense of other lives.


The rupture

There Was a strong chain like fate, like Sacred
life, like a sensitive soul;
I cut it with a lily and continue my journey
With the magnificent coldness of death …With calm

Curiosity my spirit looks at its inner lake,
And the crystal of the dormant waters,
Reflects a god or a monster, masked in a
Tenebrous sphinx suspended in other lives.

Translated by Alejandro Cáceres

0 comments:

Post a Comment